McDowell Parks and Recreation along with the McDowell Shooting Range are proud to offer the youth initiative "Train up a Child". This new initiative will be a 1 - day event from 1:00 to 5:00 PM. The program is available for children ages 12 to 17. The clinic will be limited to the first 12 children who sign-up. The clinic is free of charge!
Train up a Child has a three-part mission
1. To improve the overall level of basic firearms safety by teaching participants the NRA's nationally recognized safety principals;
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use
2. To teach participants how the safe handling of firearms can result in a lifetime of enjoyable recreational experiences.
3. To instruct participants to recognize that firearms are tools and not toys. This notion will serve to teach participants that like any tool, firearms are to be respected, properly stored, cared for and used only during appropriate times.
*SIGN UP INFORMATION*
You can sign your child up for the clinic at the McDowell Recreation Center at 25 Academy Street. Registration for the event must be in person and completed in full to reserve your child's spot. Again, the clinic is limited to the first 6 children to sign up.
The date has been set for Train Up A Child 2024, Aug 6th! Register Today!
Copyright © 2024 McDowell County Shooting Range - All Rights Reserved.